Hello all.

I am new around here and must say that I am so and so with excel formulas with help of Google.

Macros and VBA is where I could really need a helping hand as I am zero at it.

I am having the following problem;

On an invoice sheet I have created I have column A2 to A32 for items description and its formatted for text. On column B2 to B32 which is for the quantity which is in numeric.

Now the items description are there by way of a drop down list and the prices etc are by ways of vlookup.

Now my problem is if I have selected an item say A2 I want to make sure B2 has got a numeric value as if I don't this will not produce a total as it depends on the quantity value.

In all;

Column A
From A2 to A32 = Items description

Column B
From B2 to B32 = Quantity of items (value is calculate according to the quantity value) Now you can see the problem if I select an item but have no quantity ahead of it.

So, macro is to look at those cells in A2 to A32 or to all cells that contain data (text) within this range and for each line that does contain data, the same line in column B must contain a numeric value, if not then stop macro.

A good thing would be to point the focus to the cell that needs a value.

It might be to much to ask but macro could be in a way that it could even tell user what cell is empty but I can do without that.

Many Thanks in advance and much appreciated for all possible help out there.

Regards,
Albert