Thread: Copy to Summarise data based on 2 criteria: User ID and gaps in continuous day segments for same user

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar
    Hello
    We may have a few problems.

First Problem: Dates in Excel.
    Dates in Excel are always a big problem, especially when sharing workbooks. Excel is very bad at determining the correct date from written and given data.
    We must overcome this problem first, or else we will be wasting our time because Excel will randomly give the wrong dates to different people and so everything will get in a confusing mess: Everyone will always get incorrect results. ( I am probably the only person in the whole world that understands fully all the problems in Excel with dates. So you are very lucky that I am helping you ! )

In order to make any progress we must be sure that we see the same dates. Usually we will see different dates. Usually everyone will see different dates when looking at the same shared workbook. Excel is useless with dates. We must do extra work to make sure we see the same dates.

Please do all the following if you want me to help further:

Give me another workbook similar to your last, with both
    Worksheet Data
    , and
    Worksheet Results
    So it can be the last workbook you gave me. ( Use the workbook that I return to you, Book8_11.xls

but also extra things I need from you:

_1) in the Data worksheet I need to see 2 extra helper columns. ( These are just for me to help you, - later they can be deleted ).
    _ 1a) In column H I want to see the same date that is in column C, but I want to see the month written in words. Similar to this: https://i.postimg.cc/KjgcyXH1/Month-in-Words.jpg Month in Words.JPG
    You write this in please. Please use the English shortened words for month, ( Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec )
    _ 1b) In the workbook that I am returning to you, Book8_11.xls , run the macro Sub GetFuckingValue2Dates()
    ( That macro should put some numbers in column G like this: https://i.postimg.cc/nzWV5V08/Dates-in-Value2.jpg Dates in Value2.JPG )

_2) When you have finished _1), ( writing in some dates in words, and ruinning the macro), make me a screenshot to show exactly what you see in worksheet Data
    _2a) Return me the workbook, Book8_11.xls
    _2b) Give/ show me the screenshot.

So
    _1) You have 3 things to do for me: write in manually in words some dates; run a macro; make a screenshot
    _2) You have 2 things to give me when you are finished doing those things for me: a workbook; and a picture to show me what you see in worksheet Data

Make sure you give me the correct information – take your time – I am busy now for all today, and cannot help again until tomorrow

Alan

Book8_11.xls https://app.box.com/s/4a97tul85xacufys77jzbjs3i422eahy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DocAElstein; 12-09-2022 at 04:34 PM.
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!