Hello:

Here is chronicle of problem. Excel 2007. I have seven cells each with a different data type. For each cell I want to have a message that appears when the cell is selected. Therefore I select the first cell of interest (C1) and select data validation. I fill out only the Message title and the text of the message. I do not restrict the data in any way (i.e. no list box, no data type restriction and no error message). I position the message box close to the Cell C1. Now I go to cell G1 and use the data validation to create a message box for the cell G1 , which has a different title and different text. I positioned the message box close to Cell G1. When I am finished I closed the data validation. Now: Selection of cell C1 gives the appropriate message box for Cell C1 but the message box pops up in the location near cell G1. If I selected Cell G1 the appropriate message box for G1 appears near G1. It appears that Excel 2007 correctly 'remembers' the text assigned for the message box for the particular cell but not the physical location; instead the last physical location where a data validation box was created is the location where all will pop up. Has anyone observed this rather unusual behavior?
Thanks in advance for any insight on this.