Ok I think that's How I would explain what my question is. Here is what I have so far but its not anything like the way I wanted it. I created a list on a separate page called "parts catalog" actually several list. Each column had a heading for the range of cells per a tutorial that I found online. I used the =indirect(D7) as the command for the other list. The problem is that I forgot that the part numbers also need to be broken down by type.

On the sheet
column "B" = Type
column "C" = Location
column "D" = Manufact.
column "E" = Part #

The idea is that column B would be chosen first or be copied into the template. This is provided prior to the inspection. It has several dropdown selections "Heat", "Photo", "Ion", Pull ....etc this list can can quite long. As the person goes through and enters information in the next cell they will chose from a large list of manufactuers. "EST_Conv", "EST_Add", Simplex,.....etc. After thisthe part number list should be narrowed or filtered down here is an example

(B) = Photo (D) = EST_Add (E) = several parts numbers that would be listed.

So far what I have done is create a list for every combination of (B) and (D)
Example of list names to be called

PhotoEST_Add
PhotoEST_Conv
PhotoSimplex
etc........

With each list is the part numbers associated to that list. I just can not figure out how to get this to work. Currently columns (D) works with Column (E) correctly but I'm not sure how to get Column (B) incorporated into this.

Any help would be great, also whatever makes it the easiest way to enter information in the future as this list of part numbers will continue to grow as new ones are entered into the system at later times.

Thanks Hopefully someone can point me in the right way.