Thread: Question on UDF LookUpConcat

Question on UDF LookUpConcat

Hello, awesome function.

I just have one quick question, might be an easy fix, but how do I change the "SearchString" to say lookup any value greater than 0?

Ref: http://www.excelfox.com/forum/f22/lo...d-results-345/

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Admin; 05-07-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Searching Multiple Criteria and then concatenating multiple results

Hi Rick,

As I posted on Oscar's forum, I'm trying to search for data using multiple criteria, and then concatenate the results. Please see the attachment for a sample. The end result is sort of like a pivot table, except that I want actual values, not summary data, and the return of multiple values if there are any.

So for example in cell C7, I need to search columns I and J for the event that is taking place on 10/9 (the value in C6) in Room 1 (the value in A7). The Macro should return "10a-12p Lunch", as well as "1p-4p Breakout" in the same cell, ideally one on top of each other as of you were using Alt-Enter.

Again in cell D8, the function would search for the value in D6 and A8 to find "6p-11:59 TearDown".

I don't understand how to set this to lookup in multiple ranges, as I would using an INDEX MATCH type formula.

Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rick,

Is there any chance that you could adapt this to allow for multiple criteria/criteria ranges? Assuming my lookup table contains multiple columns by which I want to match my search criteria against, the only way I've been able to do this thus far is create a string in the first column of the lookup table concatenating all of my "search criteria" into a single string, and then searching for that string etc. Is there a way you could use a paramarray etc., to allow for a variable amount of multiple criteria and criteria ranges?

Thanks,

Concatenate only if non-sequential numbers

Rick,

The information I am applying this to can give me results (always numbers) such as single numbers (2) or multiple numbers (2,4) but I have many instances where the result set is a sequential set of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). Is there a way to modify the code so the single numbers and multiple numbers will still be the way the code is set up (2 or 2,4), but if they are sequential numbers, use the minimum and maximum (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 would become 1 - 5 or 11, 12, 13 would become 11-13)?

Rick,

The information I am applying this to can give me results (always numbers) such as single numbers (2) or multiple numbers (2,4) but I have many instances where the result set is a sequential set of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). Is there a way to modify the code so the single numbers and multiple numbers will still be the way the code is set up (2 or 2,4), but if they are sequential numbers, use the minimum and maximum (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 would become 1 - 5 or 11, 12, 13 would become 11-13)?