Thread: Email merge unique messages to groups and individuals

Exclamation Email merge unique messages to groups and individuals

So I am having a problem with email merge using Word to house my document & excel as my data source. I would like to send a single unique email to multiple email addresses as well as to individuals. To illustrate this, see the sample Word and Excel files below.

Excel_File.jpg

Word_File.jpg

What I'd like to do in this instance is send exactly 5 emails—1 to Adam, 1 to Betty, 1 message with the 3 guys in the "To" field, 1 to Chris, and 1 message with the 4 ladies in the "To" field. The problem that I'm running into is that I cannot use an email merge in this instance because I can't have multiple email addresses in a cell with MS mail merge, as seen in cells B4 and B6.

Now I know that I can do this by using distribution lists, however I want the recipients to all believe that I am sending a normal email one at a time and not using any sort of mail merge or distribution list.

Does anyone know how I would go about accomplishing this? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-RW

Why don't you use the send mail template in this forum here
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

I definitely like this, however I'm not sure how it works & how I can make it act like a email merge w/out having to send each email individually. But I know nothing about Macros. Perhaps it can be tweaked.

In the To: column, you can separate multiple users with a semi-colon. That will it will act like a merged mail. And you can also modify the email content as well the text and style that you need in the email body.
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook