Thread: Excel found unreadable content

I am having trouble opening the saved file. excel is continuously giving the following error, "excel found unreadable content" - what does this error mean?
    Last edited by Admin; 08-07-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyousafi View Post
    okay great! that works :D but now i am having trouble opening the saved file. excel is continuously giving the following error, "excel found unreadable content" - what does this error mean?
    I have not seen that error myself, but a quick Google search lead me to this thread on another forum where the same error message was (apparently) successfully resolved... perhaps the information there will prove helpful to you.

excel found unreadable content - Microsoft Answers

If not, and if someone here does not respond with more information (so make sure you keep checking back here as well), you might try a Google search of your own. I use this as my search string (with the quote marks)...

"excel found unreadable content"

Please let us know here if you do manage to resolve the problem with information from elsewhere... and please tell us what you ended up doing to resolve it... this would be useful to other who come across this thread in the future when trying to resolve the same problem.

Rick I want to thank you for your reply; however that thread you forwarded me is not working. I am using Microsoft Office 2010 - I initially thought that this error was related to the version of Excel; therefore I recreated the file in Microsoft Office 2007. Unfortunately that did not work. I spent a good two to three hours recreating the file but I am getting the same error. It seems to happen when I add a command button that triggers a macro that is designed to automatically create a PDF of the active worksheet and send that worksheet in an e-mail (i.e. I am using Ron de Bruin's code for this). I just don't understand what the problem. I will keep doing research on this. I am big fan of automation - I have to figure out a way to make this work.