Thread: Excel 2003 Classic Menu in Excel 2007-2010

Excel 2003 Classic Menu in Excel 2007-2010

Free Classic Menu for Excel 2007 and 2010. A time saver for the classic menu users of Excel '97-2003.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

make MENU load by default

Quote Originally Posted by Excel Fox View Post
    Free Classic Menu for Excel 2007 and 2010. A time saver for the classic menu users of Excel '97-2003.
    how can i SAVE my workbooks INCLUDING the classic menu option so they open INCLUDING this option?
    It seems that, oafter loading the WB i must load again the xlam extension

thank you

juan

Go to the Add-Ins section in Excel Options, and in the Manage section, select Excel Add-ins and click Go. Browse for the add-in file, and when asked to save it to the add-ins folder, click OK. Once you are back to the add-ins list, just ensure that the check box is clicked, and press OK. Your add-in should now load every time Excel is loaded, whether or not any other workbook is.

For some other methods on how to Load and Add-in, try Loading an Excel Add-in
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

thanks for the above

I am using Ms Office 2010 on win 7

Even after adding the add in for classic menus (file above) and checking that it is active ..screen shot enclosed below, I see only the new ..ribbon menu and NOT the classic menu !!

what am I missing

thanks

subu
    Screenshot - 09_07_2013 , 17_36_58.jpgScreenshot - 09_07_2013 , 17_36_58.jpg

thanks for the above

I am using Ms Office 2010 on win 7

Even after adding the add in for classic menus (file above) and checking that it is active .. checking by clicking on add - ins, pop up, check that add ins are checked !!, as in screen shot enclosed below, I see only the new ..ribbon menu and NOT the classic menu !!

what am I missing

thanks

subu
    Screenshot - 09_07_2013 , 17_36_58.jpgScreenshot - 09_07_2013 , 17_36_58.jpg

Hi Subu

Please try this revised version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Join us at Facebook

Hi Subu

Terrific !! Thanks !! Works like a charm. One more request...is it possible to invoke the first portion of the menu with Alt+ letters example *classic* "file" menu using Alt + F, Classic tools menu by Alt + T and so on

I'm having problems with other VBA as well .... so would appreciate IF you could tell me what made this version work, while the earlier version did NOT

PS I shall post the oTHER VBA question as a separate thread as it does not belong here

TIA

regards

subu
    Last edited by Subu123; 07-09-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: clarified a point

New to Excel 2013

Hi Subu

I tried the add-in but could not figure out how to add it in to Excel 2013 -- manage add-in gave me no option to ADD, and when I did manage XLAM files and ADD it failed.

Helpful thoughts / direction ?