Thread: Executable COM Add-In Chronos Twelve

Executable COM Add-In Chronos Twelve

I am not sure if people used the last version of Chronos Twelve built as an Excel Add-In. Anyway, for the sake of those interested (Excel 2007) users only, there has been some significant improvement over the last few weeks and I have put together an application which deploys a COM add-in that runs on Excel 2007. The add-in is intended to be used as a one stop shop office menu list for all the recent documents in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access that the user has recently access. This is basically called MRUs or Most Recently Used files.

Something remotely similar is used in Excel 2010, so I am not going to build this again for 2010.

Not sure how many of you agree, but having a quick way to access your recent files related to other applications from within Excel is kind of slick. Maybe I'm coming from the kind of background I have as I use Excel, Access and PowerPoint a lot. I leave that to you to decide. Anyway, just to reiterate, this is only for Excel 2007. Extract the folder contents, and run the setup. Also, this may require some Visual Studio run-time libraries to be installed during setup, which hardly takes a minute or so.

The feature of this tool will be available in the Office Menu of Excel.

Just a disclaimer for the cautious ones. The code has been written keeping in mind programming ethics, and it is in no way intended to be malicious. However, if by installing the tool you face any stability issues, I am not to be held responsible.

Enjoy Chronos
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

Last edited by DocAElstein; 06-11-2023 at 01:16 PM.