Thread: Geo location in a geo area

Geo location in a geo area

My team needs to determine in which geo area a geo location is situated. Each geo area is delineated by latitude/longitude of its "corners." Please note that these areas are irregularly shaped and may have up to 10 "corners."

Thanks!

Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar
    Hello Marconzi,
    Welcome to ExcelFox
    Initially I was not sure if this was a spam post*, since you are simply telling us about, something which at first glance seems to have no relevance to asking for, or discussing, Excel help. ( Your username scared me a bit as well, Lol , but for personal reasons associated with my past…. )

In case you don’t know, in simple Layman terms, Excel in its simplest form, is putting things in boxes (Cells) , or a table which is just boxes (Cells) grouped together in a rectangular area, so effectively a table. Often that is, but not restricted to, numbers which we can then use both Excel and other Microsoft Office tools to manipulate. More advanced stuff involves, for example,
    _ automating these things
    and
    _ imbedding other things into Excel, as that is a fundamental ability and concept of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows in general.

*However, I see there is some geo location things associated with Excel
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-3d00f45dbbd6
    Well, ….Bugger me sideways with a Barge Poll… , I thought, …. Excel can do stuff with that as well.
    But with no more detailed information from you I can’t guess what you are asking, (as I assume you are asking for help?)

Of course if someone passing here has a lot of experience with geo location things in Excel, then they might want to jump in and tell you about it, just because you have mentioned it.
    My guess is that this may be more associated with newer on line type Excel and Office stuff. I have no experience at all with this, and as you have had no other reply here, at excelfox, I will guess that the limited numbers of helpers that pass by here also know nothing about this geo location things feature in Excel.
    I will leave the Thread here, for a while, just in case, but if you have not done so already, you could try also at the larger Excel forums such as
    excelforum.com
    mrexcel.com
    Bear in mind that those forums have some aggressive Moderators, that for one thing,
    _ will insist you tell them that you have posted the same question elsewhere,
    and for another,
    _ may well have a narcissistic rage if you post what they perceive as a very short, lacking in detail question. I expect they would see your post, as you have written it here, as lacking in detail.

However, if you do strike lucky, or in some other way solve your problem, by all means feel free to post the solution here, in a follow up post, for the benefit of others.

Good luck

Alan
    Last edited by DocAElstein; 05-05-2024 at 01:09 PM.
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!