Thread: Want to learn excel VBA

Want to learn excel VBA

Hello All!
    I'm a beginner and completely new in the field of excel and VBA. But fascinated with the VBA, and due to my professional need, I really eager to learn Excel VBA from beginning. At least I must learn the basics of VBA. But I don't know how can I, and from where can I learn. Can anyone suggest me the sites or tutorial, where I can learn VBA, at least basics.

See attached :
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar
    When I was learning I got totally overwhelmed by the amount of tutorial stuff available

I think I would do two things.

_1) Practice! A lot.
    But do it on something that is relevant for what you need, so as to help you keep your motivation.
    Google lots of information at different places. There is an increasing amount of information and free tutorials, but not all is good, and even some of the very popular site have mistakes. So get a good spread of information and don’t believe any individual. The best people have got mistakes at their sites and they are afraid to admit it. ( Or the people are dead, and they are treated as Gods, so their mistakes never get corrected)

_2) Download some of the better Play lists available. Make yourself a full play list and let it run in the background whenever you have the time. That way you are not under pressure to learn and things will slowly fall into your mind.

These two were the best a few years back. But I have not researched recently
    YourProgrammingNetwork https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXP...S5k4zsvnu2mkJC
    WiseOwlTutorials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHO5...3akx_gFMnpxTN5

If you are interested in Tutorials in Hindi, then this guy might be worth a look at
    Dinesh Kumar Takyar : https://www.youtube.com/c/Exceltrainingvideos/playlists
    He does tutorials in English and Hindi

Another tip: I would try to standardise on Excel versions 2002-2013. Forget recent versions . They are getting worse and worse, as is Microsoft software generally.
    I think the future or Microsoft isn’t. The future of Microsoft is in legacy use. Concentrate your efforts on keeping an older system stable and working.

Alan
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

Thank you for the honest guidance!