Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: copy and paste by VBA based on criteria

Thnx Alan Elston Sir (Doc Sir)

copy and paste by vba

vba is placed in a seperate file macro.xlsm
    there are two files 1.xlsx & 2.xlsx
    all files are located in a different place
    2.xlsx file is blank file it doesn't have any data
    in 1.xlsx i have data (i have attached the sample pic of the same)
    now what i want is see the yellow highlighted colour data and if yellow highlighted colour data is greater than 5 or equal to 5 then copy the stock name and paste it to 2.xlsx
    i have attached the sample pic of the result it will be pasted to 2.xlsx from 1.xlsx
    so plz have a look sir and help me out in solving this problem sir
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar
    Hi
    There are very many different ways to do something like this.
    So this solution would be just one of many ways.

Example:

Before:

_____ Workbook: 1.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    Stock Name Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data
    ACC
    ADANIENT
    ADANIPORTS
    ADANIPOWER
    AMARAJABAT
    AMBUJACEM
    ONGC
    Worksheet: Sheet1 (2)

run macro here: http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post13059

Output results After running macro

_____ Workbook: 2.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    ACC 500
    ADANIENT 700
    AMARAJABAT 400
    Worksheet: Tabelle2

macro is here : https://imgur.com/Rs0EaVf , and also in uploaded file.
    Attachment 2838
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

Thnx Alot Doc Sir for helping me in solving this problem

Copy and paste the data if condition met

All files are located in different path
    vba will be placed in a macro.xlsm
    i have a file name 1.xls & 2.xls
    match column I of 1.xls with column B of 2.xls
    If column I of 1.xls matches with column B of 2.xls then do nothing &
    if column I of 1.xls doesnt matches with column B of 2.xls then copy and paste the column B & Column I of 1.xls to column A & column B of sheet2 of 2.xls
    sheet name can be anything
    plz see the sample pic & help me in solving this problem by vba

the bigger pic is 1.xls
    the smallest pic is sheet2 of 2.xls (result)

Moderator notice...
    Yet again another cross post
    https://www.excelguru.ca/forums/show...-condition-met

I think you have not explained correctly what you want.
    Your question explanation does not match you sample data.
    Once again you have incorrectly explained what you want.

This is wrong!!!
    If column I of 1.xls matches with column B of 2.xls then do nothing &
    if column I of 1.xls doesnt matches with column B of 2.xls then copy and paste the column B & Column I of 1.xls to column A & column B of sheet2 of 2.xls

It is rubbish. It does not explain your test data.

Once again I must try to guess what you want!

This is my guess:
    Consider the value in each row of column I of 1.xls, starting from row 2
    If the value from that row of column I of 1.xls is also in any row of column B of the first worksheet in 2.xls , then
    do nothing.
    Else If the value from that row of column I of 1.xls is not to be found in any row of column B of the first worksheet in 2.xls, then do the following:
    Copy the value from columns B and I for that row of 1.xls and paste them to columns A and B of the second worksheet of 2.xls

Before:
    _____ Workbook: 2.xls ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    Exchange
    NSE 25
    NSE 10583
    NSE 17388
    NSE 100
    Worksheet: Sheet1 (2)
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    Worksheet: Sheet2

_____ Workbook: 1.xls ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    Exchange Symbol Series/Expiry Open High Low Prev Close LTP
    NSE ADANIENT EQ
    NSE ACC EQ
    NSE DLF EQ
    NSE AMBUJACEM EQ
    NSE AMARAJABAT EQ
    Worksheet: 1-Sheet1

After results
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    ACC
    Worksheet: Sheet2

Macro:
    Code:
    Sub Step11() '    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2421-copy-and-paste-by-VBA-based-on-criteria?p=13110&viewfull=1#post13110      http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2458-Copy-and-paste-the-data-if-condition-met
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Wb1 As Workbook, Wb2 As Workbook   '                           If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb1 = Workbooks("1.xls")         ' Workbooks("1.xlsx")         '          Workbooks("sample1.xlsx")   '                                                 Set Wb1 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\1.xls")                ' w1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\1.xls")           ' change the file path   If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb2 = Workbooks("2.xls")         ' Workbooks("2.xlsx")         '          Workbooks("sample2.xlsx")   '                                                 Set Wb2 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\FundsCheck.xlsb")      ' w2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\FundsCheck.xlsb") ' change the file path      If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
    Dim Ws1 As Worksheet, Ws2 As Worksheet, Ws22 As Worksheet
     Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets.Item(1)      '                                                                            Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets("anything")  '     sheet name can be anything
     Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(1)      '                                                                          ' Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets("anything")
     Set Ws22 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(2)
    Dim Lr1 As Long, Lr2 As Long, Lr As Long, Lr22 As Long
     Let Lr1 = Ws1.Range("A" & Ws1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row      '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2345-Appendix-Thread-(-Codes-for-other-Threads-HTML-Tables-etc-)?p=11466&viewfull=1#post11466      Making Lr dynamic ( using rng.End(XlUp) for a single column. )
     Let Lr2 = Ws2.Range("A" & Ws1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    ' Let Lr = IIf(Lr2 > Lr1, Lr2, Lr1)
    Rem 2 do it
    Dim cnt
        For cnt = 2 To Lr2
        Dim VarMtch As Variant
         Let VarMtch = Application.Match(CStr(Ws1.Range("I" & cnt & "").Value), Ws2.Range("B2:B" & Lr2 & ""), 0) ' We look for the string value from each row in column I of Ws1 in the range of column B in Ws2
            If Not IsError(VarMtch) Then ' If we have a match, then  Application.Match  will return an integer of the position along(down) where the match is found
            ' do nothing
            Else '  Application.Match  will return a VB error string if no match could be found
             Ws1.Range("B" & cnt & ",I" & cnt & "").Copy  ' if ranges are "in line" - that is to say have the same "width" ( in this example a single row width ) , then VBA lets us copy this to the clipboard
             Let Lr22 = Lr22 + 1 ' next free row in second worksheet of 2.xls
             Ws22.Range("A" & Lr22 & "").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues ' Pasting of copied values which were "in line" allows us to paste out, but the missing in between bits ( columns in this example ) are missed out - the ranges are put together. Co incidentally we want this output in this example
            End If
        Next cnt
    End Sub
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

Minor changes are there in this post
    Code:
    Sub STEP9()
    Dim Wb1 As Workbook, Wb2 As Workbook, Wb3 As Workbook
     Set Wb1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\1.xls")
     Set Wb2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\Alert..csv")
     Set Wb3 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\Files\AlertCodes.xlsx")

Dim Ws1 As Worksheet, Ws2 As Worksheet, Ws3 As Worksheet
     Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets.Item(1)
     Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(1)
     Set Ws3 = Wb3.Worksheets.Item(2)
    Dim Lr1 As Long, Lr2 As Long, Lr As Long, Lr3 As Long
     Let Lr1 = Ws1.Range("A" & Ws1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Dim Cnt
        For Cnt = 2 To Lr3
        Dim VarMtch As Variant
         Let VarMtch = Application.Match(CStr(Ws1.Range("I" & Cnt & "").Value), Ws2.Range("B2:B" & Lr2 & ""), 0)
            If Not IsError(VarMtch) Then

Else
             Ws1.Range("B" & Cnt & ",I" & Cnt & "").Copy
             Let Lr3 = Lr3 + 1
             Ws3.Range("A" & Lr3 & "").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
            End If
        Next Cnt

Wb1.Save
    Wb1.Close
    Wb2.Save
    Wb2.Close
    Wb3.Save
    Wb3.Close

End Sub

the result was pasted in Ws22
    but we have to paste the data(result to Ws3)
    i changed the code and i tried to edit the same but i was unsuccessful in doing so plz see the code and change the vba code so that the result should be pasted in Ws3

If the only change is to paste the data to Ws3, then I see just one error in your macro ,
    Why have you changed to
    For Cnt = 2 To Lr3 ?
    It should still be
    For Cnt = 2 To Lr2
    The macro is going down rows in worksheet Ws2 from row 2 until the last row which is Lr2
    My Lr22 = your Lr3 is the row count for data being pasted out : For each new data is needed a new row - the next row - the next row will be .. + 1

If the only change is to paste to Ws3 , then my original macro is only needed to be changed in 5 places

Code:
    Sub Step11b() '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2421-copy-and-paste-by-VBA-based-on-criteria?p=13110&viewfull=1#post13110  http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2458-Copy-and-paste-the-data-if-condition-met
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Wb1 As Workbook, Wb2 As Workbook, Wb3 As Workbook   '                           If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb1 = .......   Workbooks("1.xls")         ' Workbooks("1.xlsx")         '          Workbooks("sample1.xlsx")   '                                                 Set Wb1 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\1.xls")                ' w1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\1.xls")           ' change the file path   If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb2 = .......     Workbooks("2.xls")         ' Workbooks("2.xlsx")         '          Workbooks("sample2.xlsx")   '                                                 Set Wb2 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\FundsCheck.xlsb")      ' w2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\FundsCheck.xlsb") ' change the file path      If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb3 = .......
    Dim Ws1 As Worksheet, Ws2 As Worksheet, Ws3 As Worksheet ' Ws22 As Worksheet
     Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets.Item(1)      '                                                                            Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets("anything")  '     sheet name can be anything
     Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(1)      '                                                                          ' Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets("anything")
    ' Set Ws22 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(2)
    Dim Lr1 As Long, Lr2 As Long, Lr As Long, Lr22 As Long
     Let Lr1 = Ws1.Range("A" & Ws1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row      '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2345-Appendix-Thread-(-Codes-for-other-Threads-HTML-Tables-etc-)?p=11466&viewfull=1#post11466      Making Lr dynamic ( using rng.End(XlUp) for a single column. )
    Rem 2 do it
    Dim Cnt
        For Cnt = 2 To Lr2
        Dim VarMtch As Variant
         Let VarMtch = Application.Match(CStr(Ws1.Range("I" & Cnt & "").Value), Ws2.Range("B2:B" & Lr2 & ""), 0) ' We look for the string value from each row in column I of Ws1 in the range of column B in Ws2
            If Not IsError(VarMtch) Then ' If we have a match, then  Application.Match  will return an integer of the position along(down) where the match is found
            ' do nothing
            Else '  Application.Match  will return a VB error string if no match could be found
             Ws1.Range("B" & Cnt & ",I" & Cnt & "").Copy  ' if ranges are "in line" - that is to say have the same "width" ( in this example a single row width ) , then VBA lets us copy this to the clipboard
             Let Lr22 = Lr22 + 1 ' next free row in second worksheet of 2.xls
             'Ws22.Range("A" & Lr22 & "").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues ' Pasting of copied values which were "in line" allows us to paste out, but the missing in between bits ( columns in this example ) are missed out - the ranges are put together. Co incidentally we want this output in this example
             Ws3.Range("A" & Lr22 & "").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
            End If
        Next Cnt
    End Sub

or if you prefer to use a different variable for the row count in Ws3 , Lr3 , then

Code:
    Sub Step11b() '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2421-copy-and-paste-by-VBA-based-on-criteria?p=13110&viewfull=1#post13110  http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2458-Copy-and-paste-the-data-if-condition-met
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Wb1 As Workbook, Wb2 As Workbook, Wb3 As Workbook   '                           If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb1 = .......   Workbooks("1.xls")         ' Workbooks("1.xlsx")         '          Workbooks("sample1.xlsx")   '                                                 Set Wb1 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\1.xls")                ' w1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\1.xls")           ' change the file path   If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb2 = .......     Workbooks("2.xls")         ' Workbooks("2.xlsx")         '          Workbooks("sample2.xlsx")   '                                                 Set Wb2 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\FundsCheck.xlsb")      ' w2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\FundsCheck.xlsb") ' change the file path      If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb3 = .......
    Dim Ws1 As Worksheet, Ws2 As Worksheet, Ws3 As Worksheet ' Ws22 As Worksheet
    ' Set Ws22 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(2)
    Dim Lr1 As Long, Lr2 As Long, Lr As Long, Lr3 As Long
    Rem 2 do it
    Dim Cnt
        For Cnt = 2 To Lr2
        Dim VarMtch As Variant
         Let VarMtch = Application.Match(CStr(Ws1.Range("I" & Cnt & "").Value), Ws2.Range("B2:B" & Lr2 & ""), 0) ' We look for the string value from each row in column I of Ws1 in the range of column B in Ws2
            ' do nothing
             Ws1.Range("B" & Cnt & ",I" & Cnt & "").Copy  ' if ranges are "in line" - that is to say have the same "width" ( in this example a single row width ) , then VBA lets us copy this to the clipboard
             Let Lr3 = Lr3+ 1 ' next free row in second worksheet of 2.xls
             'Ws22.Range("A" & Lr22 & "").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues ' Pasting of copied values which were "in line" allows us to paste out, but the missing in between bits ( columns in this example ) are missed out - the ranges are put together. Co incidentally we want this output in this example
             Ws3.Range("A" & Lr3 & "").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
            End If
        Next Cnt
    End Sub
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

Problem Solved
    Thnx Doc Sir for helping me in solving this problem Sir
    Have a Great Day Sir