Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Test

Test

Test formula post

https://www.excelforum.com/excel-for...plication.html

[FORMULA] =_xlfn.SINGLE(MMULT(TRANSPOSE(N(IF({1};$B$37:$B$45 )));(($K57>=$C$37:$C$45)*(L$54=$A$37:$A$45))))*$D39
    [/FORMULA]

_____ Workbook: Customer Forecast.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    L
    =_xlfn.SINGLE(MMULT(TRANSPOSE(N(IF({1},$B$37:$B$45))),(($K57>=$C$37:$C$45)*(L$54=$A$37:$A$45))))*$D39
    Worksheet: Forum

_____ Workbook: Customer Forecast.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    L
    =_xlfn.SINGLE(MMULT(TRANSPOSE(N(IF({1},R37C2:R45C2))),((RC11>=R37C3:R45C3)*(R54C=R37C1:R45C1))))*R[-18]C4
    Worksheet: Forum
    Last edited by Molly Brennholz; 11-18-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly Brennholz View Post
    Testing, Image comparisons:.....
    [SecurityErrorEvent type=”securityError” bubbles=false cancellable=false eventPhase=2
    Text= “Error #2049]
    ......]
    Molly, you shouldn't get that error for Operating Systems Win7 and higher, ( I can' t remeber if I mentioned that before....
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

You did, thanks, just adding for posterity and to remind me.. I am still going mostly retro with my OS use

good for you
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

Test.... image link

Last edited by DocAElstein; 11-21-2020 at 02:36 PM.

test link images

Further based on your latest explanations, and looking at the uploaded file, it looks like
    .a) stuff from the first worksheet SCHOOLS goes to the area Schools in Sample worksheet, / template workbook
    .b) [url=https://i.postimg.cc/sDkNxQv8/stuff-from-XXXXX.jpg] stuff from the second worksheet XXXXX goes to the area Fund/Related Services in Sample worksheet, / template workbook

Further based on your latest explanations, and looking at the uploaded file, it looks like
    .a) stuff from the first worksheet SCHOOLS goes to the area Schools in Sample worksheet, / template workbook
    .b) stuff from the second worksheet XXXXX goes to the area Fund/Related Services in Sample worksheet, / template workbook

I think I can work on that to give you a start

Before I start: I expect Sheet 1 in your coding is a typo. It probably should be Sheet1. Never mind, I will use .Item(1) instead – that will get the first worksheet no matter what it’s named

This macro will take the version of your main file which I attach to this forum post, and it will produce from that your first workbook, named School 1.xlsx . It uses the Template file version I made and have also attached to this forum post, MyTemplateRaw.xlsx

Most of what I have done you may be able to work through and understand.
    In words what it does, at least the new bits I doned for you, which you might not be familiar with:

I do a bit of simple loop while stuff after I find the value you want ( 1 in this example ). It starts when I find the 1, so I know then where the start row is, StRw , then I keep going in the loop while bit until I get the stop row, SpRw

Having got that , I am ready to do the copy paste bit. But I don’t actually use any copy paste method, since that is not very efficient for copying simple values. I use the .Value property thing. To Explain that:
    You will see that in a 'comment I have written a pseudo code
    ' Pseudo code Range1.Value=Range2.Value
    Used on the RHS the .Value returns/reads an array of the values in the range all in one go
    Used on the LHS the .Value applies/writes the array of values offered on the RHS into the range all in one go.
    For that to work properly the ranges will need to be the same size. So in the example in the macro I doned for you, I resized the cell on the LHS to what I know the range size is on the RHS
    Last edited by Molly Brennholz; 07-12-2023 at 02:20 AM.

Hi Molly,
    how's things?

Quote Originally Posted by DocAElstein View Post
    Hi Molly,
    how's things?
    I am getting fed up with all the young lads, half dead physically, fully brain dead, smart-phone zombies. I need another good ride on your old thumping love Axe

Make a created file protected by password

Some notes in support of this main question from the web https://www.excelforum.com/excel-pro...-password.html , ( for Alan )
    Original PM request..
    Is it possible for you to help me understand how to make the files created with this code be protected so others cannot make any changes? If it is with a password, that would be optimal, I just don't want any error messages telling the user that a password will allow them to make changes if possible. If that makes sense.
    Shortly later Request from here https://www.excelforum.com/excel-pro...ml#post5876012
    adjust the following code, to save the files that are being created as protected files (may be opened and viewed but not edited)? If a message is necessary if someone tries to change values, I would want the message to say only 'changes cannot be made without the appropriate password'.

The thing required in the first request I suggested could be a bit difficult. The second looks initially as if it could be straight forward and conventional

Forum Sample.xlsm is the OPs original file from that thread

, and here is a snippit from his coding
    Code:
                dws.Name = dName
                dFilePath = dFolderPath & dName & ".xlsx"
                Application.DisplayAlerts = False
                    dwb.SaveAs dFilePath, xlOpenXMLWorkbook
                Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DocAElstein; 10-10-2023 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Snippet from OPs original macro - SaveAs part