Thread: Macro to Create a Combined Sheet from Multiple Sheets

Macro to Create a Combined Sheet from Multiple Sheets

I need some assistance building a macro for this scenario:

I have multiple sheets. All sheets have the same headers from column A1:A7. The first row of data always starts at A8. The last row of data varies for each sheet, but never exceeds 5000 rows. There are 6 columns of data, from column A:F (Fund, Debit, Credit, Debit, Credit, Total).

I would like a macro to create a "Combined" sheet that creates 7 columns with the following headers: Account #, Fund, Debit, Credit, Debit, Credit, Total. The Account # is not any of the source sheets. The Account # should be created by taking the left 4 characters of the Fund column (column A of the source sheets). Above column 3 (Debit) and 4 (Credit) there should be a header "Pre-Closing" and above column 5 (Debit) and 6 (Credit) there should be a header "Post-Closing." Below each of these headers are the data from each of the source sheets, below one another. The original source sheets should not be changed, all of this should is performed in the "Combined" sheet.
    Last edited by showtyme; 07-13-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by showtyme View Post
    I need some assistance building a macro for this scenario:

I have multiple sheets. All sheets have the same headers from column A1:A7. The first row of data always starts at A8. The last row of data varies for each sheet, but never exceeds 5000 rows. There are 6 columns of data, from column A:F (Fund, Debit, Credit, Debit, Credit, Total).

I would like a macro to create a "Combined" sheet that creates 7 columns with the following headers: Account #, Fund, Debit, Credit, Debit, Credit, Total. The Account # is not any of the source sheets. The Account # should be created by taking the left 4 characters of the Fund column (column A of the source sheets). Above column 3 (Debit) and 4 (Credit) there should be a header "Pre-Closing" and above column 5 (Debit) and 6 (Credit) there should be a header "Post-Closing." Below each of these headers are the data from each of the source sheets, below one another. The original source sheets should not be changed, all of this should is performed in the "Combined" sheet.
    Anyone?

Better to post a sample workbook.
    Cheers !

Excel Range to BBCode Table
    Use Social Networking Tools If You Like the Answers !

Message to Cross Posters

@ Home - Office 2010/2013/2016 on Win 10 (64 bit); @ Work - Office 2016 on Win 10 (64 bit)