Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chart Zoomer (Resizer)

Chart Zoomer (Resizer)

Hi All,

Haven't seen anything yet. A great tool for dashboards.

I welcome any comments/bugs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Krish

Looks good - However I am searching for a tool to zoom (meaning changing the Axes) - As you know I got your file (this thread) by your reply on MrExcel - I started a thread over there

How to zoom on charts using VBA

So maybe you can add to the discussion ( It was a much bigger question than I expected - lol) - there is a piece of code that actual works quite well - but it needs finishing. It is way over my head - so maybe take a look see. It turns out that there is really no good tool for Excel to zoom.

Krishnarkumar's Chart Zoomer

Just wanted to let everyone know that I downloaded Kris's chart zoomer workbook and it really works great.

Jim

@ Rasm,

Thanks for the comment.

As far as the discussion at MrE, I think, only Jaafar could assist you as I'm not up to his level when it comes API

@ Jim,

Thanks for the nice comments. You don't need to start a thread to provide the feedback.

Krish - I really like your zoomer - However it is right now activated by the user having to assign a macro to any new chart. I can do that - but many of my users cannot - you then use the Application.caller.
    It would be nice if the user can simply click the chart - do the (un)zoom - without assigning any macro. I can replace your application.caller with simply the chart number and I can use your call to the ZoomChartInAndOut procedure - no problem. As I said I really like it - but as you know - there is always suggestions

The other feature that would be very nice - is if you could have a split screen - I offen want to Zoom charts side by side - or even 2*2 charts (4 charts on a single screen.

Anyway - I am just starting to figure out how to use your zoomer - very nice job

Hi,

Here is Version #1. Don't need to assign the macro with the charts.

Enjoy !

Sweet - You added Chart events in the class module - I will have to play some more - but looks good.

Krish - that new version is great. Below is part of my code - it generates charts (2n code section) - so in order for me to use your code - I have to switch sheets - then come back to the sheet - Then I assume it executes GetChartObjects - It all works great (guess I will just make the call to GetChartObjets from my code) - however in the second code part is my chart generation code - At first I just had the next chart on top of the previous chart .top+40 & .Left + 40 - in other words all my charts are stacked - I may have 4 to 8 charts stacked - however that freezes up Excel in a very bad way - It looks like as long as the charts dont overlay - everything works - so the code I show is where I make sure the charts dont touch. I think that is what the problem is. I am not complaining - just trying to make it better - cuz I like your routine.

Code:
    Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
        GetChartObjects Sh 'Krish code
    End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
        Load FormSlt
        FormSlt.Show vbModeless
        GetChartObjects ActiveSheet 'Krish code
    End Sub
    Part of my chart making code
    Code:
     ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Add Left:=50, Top:=50, Width:=600, Height:=300
        NumCharts = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Count
        If NumCharts > 1 Then
            ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts).Left = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts - 1).Left '+ 40
            ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts).Top = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts - 1).Top + 40 + ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts - 1).Height
            ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts).Height = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts - 1).Height
            ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts).Width = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts - 1).Width
        End If
        ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts).Activate
        Dim Achart As ChartObject
        Set Achart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(NumCharts)
        With Achart.Chart
            .ChartType = xlLine

Krish - one more question - how can I edit my charts - i.e. Axes-layout - design ext - is there a procedure to call that allow me to toggle your code on/off. Sorry to be a pest - but I want to use this code-

Chart zoomer by Kris

Chris
    I really like your chart zoomer (Readers - it is under downloads if you have not tried it).

Attached is 9 charts made by my own code - I have added your code to my code - works great - except the charts after being zoomed become transparent - the 3 charts of the 1st shift type has been viewed by the chart zoomer - the last 6 has not - however if you now click on a 2nd shift chart it become transparent after I make it small - This is a problem as I have stuff in the cells behind - so now it looks kinda bad. Anyway to make sure the charts are not becoming transparent.
    Thanks in advance
    xl2007 - Windows 7
    xl hates the 255 number