Thread: Building reports

Building reports

I'm still working on our church directory, and I need to know (using Access 2007) if there is a way to use the results of two queries in one report?

Otherwise I'll have a LOT of wasted space. The pages I'm trying to build a report for are for single/widowed members, and the only way I see to build a report is a single column on a single row (that is with one person per row). I'd like to have two persons per row (take up less space, and waste less paper)

Thanks

It may be possible by joining the two queries into a new query that becomes the record source for your report. Without more detailed information from you that is the best i can do. Is the information in the two queries coming from the same table? If so, then maybe you really only need one query. Like I said, we need more detailed information.

If I knew what you needed to know, I'd comply.

I have ONE table with all the information I need for our members. Name, address, birthdate, anniversary date, names & info of kids, pictures, etc.

I want to build a report that will display two members per line (as opposed to one member per line.) What else do you need to know?

With one table, it sounds like you may need to normalize your date into several tables.

Look at this link to understand what needs to happen. Once you have normalized data, it will be easier to create your needed query which will act as the record source for your report.

http://sbuweb.tcu.edu/bjones/20263/A...sDB_Design.pdf