Thread: same again in IE 9

Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar

same again in IE 9

Sub TestEvaluateVBA3_n1n2n3()
    Dim RangeH3H4**As Range, RangeB3B4 As Range, RangeC3C4 As Range, RangeD3D4 As Range
    Set RangeH3H4 = Range("H3:H4")
    Set RangeB3B4 = Range("B3:B4")
    Set RangeC3C4 = Range("C3:C4")
    Set RangeD3D4 = Range("D3:D4")
    RangeH3H4 = Evaluate("**" & RangeB3B4.Address & "** " & "&""****""&" & "**** " & RangeC3C4.Address & "" & "&""****""&" & "" & RangeD3D4.Address & "")
    End Sub

Dim RangeH3H4**As Range, RangeB3B4 As Range, RangeC3C4 As Range, RangeD3D4 As Range
    RangeH3H4 = Evaluate("**" & RangeB3B4.Address & "** " & "&""****""&" & "**** " & RangeC3C4.Address & "" & "&""****""&" & "" & RangeD3D4.Address & "")
    End Sub

OK . Think the might do for testing today.....

Quote Originally Posted by DocAElstein View Post
    OK . Think the might do for testing today.....
    last attempt with reply.....

End Sub

End Sub

last attempt with reply.....

End Sub

End Sub
    those F***ing *** again !!!

So what exactly are you testing?
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

Hi, Thanks for the Reply

. …………..…

Quote Originally Posted by Excel Fox View Post
    So what exactly are you testing?
    . As I was new to this Forum I just wanted to check out generally how to show Codes, Spreadsheet tables, etc. etc. I assumed these test are simply deleted after a few days: …..

……. now spend some time experimenting with the editor. I assume that is OK? – Presumably you delete these tests after a couple of days?. I do not wish to clutter your ………
    . I simply wanted to get an overall view of everything including all the quirks / bugs etc. My aim was just to be able to give the clearest possible posts.
    . As it came out the ExcelFox editor seems very similar to that in the MrExcel Forum where I have been for a couple of Months now – Similar quirks, Bugs etc. which I can usually get around. (The strange appearance of *** …
    those F***ing *** again !!!
    ….. is just one of many issues – These unwanted ****** come in when one edits a post and sometime also when replying. )

. I am generally happy and may just occasionally check a few things here. I am happy for you to delete my tests after a day or so.

Thanks again
    Alan Elston

Hi

To use the code tag, select the whole code and click on the # button or the tags are [code] your code [ /code] (obviously without space)

To show the table, we don't have the Excel jeanie or any other add-ins, however you can attach your workbook.

I haven't noticed the * are coming when you reply/edit a post.
    Cheers !

Excel Range to BBCode Table
    Use Social Networking Tools If You Like the Answers !

Message to Cross Posters

@ Home - Office 2010/2013/2016 on Win 10 (64 bit); @ Work - Office 2016 on Win 10 (64 bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hi

To use the code tag, select the whole code and click on the # button or the tags are [code] your code [ /code] (obviously without space)

To show the table, we don't have the Excel jeanie or any other add-ins, however you can attach your workbook.

I haven't noticed the * are coming when you reply/edit a post.

Hi,
    . Thanks for the reply.
    . As I mentioned I think I am happy now with working with your editor. It appears similar or identical to the one In MrExcel.com
    . Attaching a workbook is my favorite method anyway. (It is not such a favored method in MrExcel.) So nice that you suggested it! I will probably use that method often, in addition with CODE TAGS etc. with which I am familiar.
    Alan Elston

Just testing colur formats, copying in iun different browsers etc.

. ...........One last useful observation here: One can of course do justVBA . Following on from that last code line, a classic example given is usingVBA to get the =Evaluate ( = A1 ) . The corresponding mainly orexclusively VBA Code Evaluate would be
    Excel Spreadsheet =A1 = Evaluate("=" &ws.Range("A1").Address& "")'Explicit Version
    Excel Spreadsheet =A1 = Evaluate("" &ws.Range("A1").Address & "")'Implicit Default
    A characteristic of the VBA Evaluate Method, ( or rather The building of its String Argument ),which can be helpful in particular when trying to understand the tricky Themeof the different type of quotes in a long complicated string Argument, is thatthe pair of effectively empty VBA Evaluate quote pairsused in conjunction with an ampersand to linkThe Spreadsheet“world” to theVBA CodeWorld can have any amount of spaces betweenthem with no effect on the code line.
    . So that last line May be rewritten
    Let ws.Range("B2").Value = Evaluate(
    "big empty light grey space" & ws.Range("A1").Address& "big empty white space"
    ) '
    . As long as there is something in the total string that can be evaluated thiswill not error. The explanation would be that within the
    VBA Evaluate “ “pair nothing is being evaluated. It is a deadspace.

There will be situations where thiscan help later to identify which quotes are which, or to which “world” theybelong**................ so further

add spaces 1 to 2 to get rid of lost spaaces in original text

............One last useful observation here: One can of course do just VBA . Following on from that last code line, a classic example given is using VBA to get the =Evaluate ( = A1 ) . The corresponding mainly or exclusively VBA Code Evaluate would be
    Excel Spreadsheet =A1 = Evaluate("=" &ws.Range("A1").Address& "")'Explicit Version
    Excel Spreadsheet =A1 = Evaluate("" &ws.Range("A1").Address & "")'Implicit Default
    A characteristic of the VBA Evaluate Method, ( or rather The building of its String Argument ), which can be helpful in particular when trying to understand the tricky Theme of the different type of quotes in a long complicated string Argument, is that the pair of effectively empty VBA Evaluate quote pairsused in conjunction with an ampersand to link The Spreadsheet“world” to theVBA CodeWorld can have any amount of spaces between them with no effect on the code line.
    . So that last line May be rewritten
    Let ws.Range("B2").Value = Evaluate(
    "big empty space" & ws.Range("A1").Address& "big empty space"
    ) '
    . As long as there is something in the total string that can be evaluated this will not error. The explanation would be that within the
    VBA Evaluate “ “pair nothing is being evaluated. It is a dead space.

There will be situations where this can help later to identify which quotes are which, or to which “world” they belong**................ so further

Let ws.Range("B2").Value = Evaluate("big wmpty grey space" & ws.Range("A1").Address& "big empty
    white space") '

.................................................. ..........................
    Very light GREY Text light GREY light GREY light GREY

WHITE Text WHITE WHITE WHITE WHITE WHITE

Grey White text GreyWhite GreyWhite GreyWhite

Code:
    Range("I1").Value = Evaluate("       " & Range("A1").Address & "       ") '
    Code:
    Range("I1").Value  =  Evaluate("              "  &  Range("A1").Address  &  "              ")  ' Demo for spaces..
    .... ) )

Last edited by DocAElstein; 09-16-2015 at 04:30 PM.