Thread: Loop Through Visible Cells In Column And If It Contains Specific Text Sum Next Col

Loop Through Visible Cells In Column And If It Contains Specific Text Sum Next Col

Hello Everyone,

I am now getting to the end of my current project but am stuck on a somplicated (for me) problem. My sheet it filtered to show a week number then in column A there are a number of origin names such as Hong Kong, HK & Yantian, CN and in column B there are cubic meaturements for each
    origin. I now have to add up the cubic measurement for each origin name then place on another sheet. Its the adding up but I think I am having trouble with. I would really appreciate any help specially as i'm so close to finishing. I know the code below is pretty rough but you get the idea.

Code:
    Dim oCell as Range
    Range(Range("A5"), Range("A5").End(xlDown)).Select
        For Each oCell In Selection
        If oCell.Text = "*Hong Kong*" Then
        ' add the figure in next cell to the right with all the next ocell (b column) values    
        End If
        Next oCell
    Once all are added cubic figures are added togther I guess I need to declare an integer variable to set the result to?

I can't quite believe I am posting this but I have managed to sort this out myself .

Code:
    Dim oSum1 As Double
        Range(Range("A5"), Range("A5").End(xlDown)).SpecialCells(xlVisible).Select
        For Each oCell In Selection
        If InStr(1, oCell.Text, "Hong Kong") Then
         oSum1 = oSum1 + oCell.Offset(0, 12).Value
        End If
        Next oCell

You can also use the subtotal function.

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(C2,ROW(C2:C22)-ROW(C2),,,1)),--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Hong Kong",B2:B22))))

adjust the range.
    Cheers !

Excel Range to BBCode Table
    Use Social Networking Tools If You Like the Answers !

Message to Cross Posters

@ Home - Office 2010/2013/2016 on Win 10 (64 bit); @ Work - Office 2016 on Win 10 (64 bit)