Thread: Enable And Disable Controls Based On Selection In Previous Combo Box

Enable And Disable Controls Based On Selection In Previous Combo Box

Hi

With the userform in the "Category" Combobox if "Internal" is selected then the "External" Combobox entries are not visible/cannot be selected...if Category "External" selected then "Internal" Combobox entries are not visible/cannot be selected....
    Also with the above can the selections in all box`s in userform only be made in order.So a date must be entered first,machine second,Category third....etc..etc..if a box is selected before a entry is entered in any box above it then that box entries remain invisible until entries are entered in order starting at the very top....a message boxs opens saying entry must be made in Date,Machine,Category etc..etc..

Thanks

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's what I've added to your code

Code:
    Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

ComboBox2.Enabled = ComboBox1.Text <> ""

End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox2_Change()

ComboBox3.Enabled = ComboBox2.Text <> ""

End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox3_Change()

Dim lngCol As Long
        With Worksheets("sample")
            lngCol = .Rows(2).Find(What:=Me.ComboBox3.Text, lookAt:=xlWhole).Column
            Me.ComboBox4.List = .Range("A4:A" & .Cells(.Rows.Count, lngCol).End(xlUp).Row).Offset(, lngCol - 1).Value2
            Me.ComboBox5.List = .Range("A4:A" & .Cells(.Rows.Count, lngCol + 1).End(xlUp).Row).Offset(, lngCol).Value2
            Me.ComboBox6.List = .Range("A4:A" & .Cells(.Rows.Count, lngCol + 2).End(xlUp).Row).Offset(, lngCol + 1).Value2
            Me.ComboBox7.List = .Range("A4:A" & .Cells(.Rows.Count, lngCol).End(xlUp).Row).Offset(, lngCol - 1).Value2
            Me.ComboBox8.List = .Range("A4:A" & .Cells(.Rows.Count, lngCol + 1).End(xlUp).Row).Offset(, lngCol).Value2
        End With
        Frame1.Enabled = UCase(ComboBox3.Text) = "INTERNAL"
        Frame2.Enabled = Not Frame1.Enabled
        ComboBox4.Text = ""
        ComboBox5.Text = ""
        ComboBox6.Text = ""
        ComboBox7.Text = ""
        ComboBox8.Text = ""

End Sub
    In addition, I've also changed the style of your drop-down box to List-box instead of Combo-box. That way, user cannot 'type' anything that is not there in the list. In addition, I've also changed the Enabled property to false, and based on selection of value in the hierarchical order, the combo-boxes will get enabled.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

Thank you Excel Fox