Thread: Cascading Dynamic Drop-down Filter List With Concatenated Values Result In One Cell

Cascading Dynamic Drop-down Filter List With Concatenated Values Result In One Cell

I have managed to create a decent drop down system using linked cells or indirect linked cells, however now I have an issue where the extra cells are taking up way to much space on the sheet. The idea was to allow easy part# entry into the form. You would first select the type manuf. and then the type of device and finally the part number. To do this was taking up three cells when all I needed was the part number and that's it. So what I was wondering was if it is possible to have all this information in a cascading drop box selection and inputted into one cell.

Example

Manufacturer
    EST
    --------------Type
    PHOTO
    ---------------------------PART#
    SIGA-PS (This in the only information that is needed) if possible the Manufacturer name could also be included in the cell as well so the final cell would read

EST SIGA-PS
    or just
    SIGA-PS

The way it is set up right now I have to use a total of 3 cells just to get a simple part number. I'm really not sure where to begin on this one, as everything I have seen online shows indirect linked cells as the example.

Thanks

William, to have the results of multiple drop-downs in the same cell (and concatenated), you'll need to use VBA. The other option of course would be to like the cell where you need the final result with the individual linked cells of the respective drop-downs.
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

Could you give me a little more information on creating VBA for this function? I have a sheet labeled "Parts List" and all the parts are organized on that list.