Yes I know that the filter can be used and so can a few other methods but one problem I'm having is explaining to people how to get into these features. It would be much easier according to them and me to simply have a designated search box that they can enter keywords or addresses into. The problem I have been hearing about lately is trying to search the "initiating devices" page for a particular address or location description. On the small inspections this is not a problem but when the inspections reach 1000+ devices the work can be very hard to find one address.

What I would be looking for is a user input search box. The user can place an address number or part of a description and then will be shown or taken to anything that matches that. It should also be highlighted so it can be easily seen if possible.

I know this can be accomplished with a filter, but getting some people to understand what tab it is or how to use it can be a pain especially over the phone. Also I'm not sure how I would go about making a floating or static search box.

Thanks again for any help.