Thread: Looking up value accross multiple shhets

Looking up value accross multiple shhets

I have a workbook called BR1 Fixed asset. I want to look up the asset number in Col C in the source workbook and look up the asset number in the destination workbook so as to find the value in same column as the text Net book value

For eg if asset 7183 is in Col C I want to find the Net book value of this asset which is 129117.69 (in the scol where heading is Net Book Value)

The destination workbook has been converterd from PDF into Excel using a PDF converter so Net Book Value is not in the same col for all the sheets in the destination workbook-see attached sample

Your assisting in creating a formula to look up the value will be most appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Howardc; 05-16-2013 at 05:22 PM.

So you want the macro to first find the sheet where the asset code is mentioned, and then look at the Net value column and return the corresponding value?
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

I have also posted this on the following site

Formula to extract data based on Asset number | Windows Secrets Lounge