PDA

View Full Version : Changing Slideshow viewing mode to kiosk using vba

Times
05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Hello all,

Additionally this is all part of a large macro which is designed to switch the slideshow from presenter mode to kiosk mode when at a specific slide. The code I am using is below.

Sub Kioskmode()
With ActivePresentation.SlideShowSettings
.ShowType = ppShowTypeKiosk ' or ppShowTypeSpeaker etc
.LoopUntilStopped = msoFalse
.ShowWithNarration = msoTrue
.ShowWithAnimation = msoTrue
.RangeType = ppShowAll
.AdvanceMode = ppSlideShowUseSlideTimings
.PointerColor.RGB = RGB(Red:=255, Green:=0, Blue:=0)
.Run
End With

Sub switchmodes()
Call Kioskmode
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Exit
ActivePresentation.SlideShowSettings.Run
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (3)
End Sub

Is there a better/smoother way to do this without slideshows closing and opening and jumping between slides? Ideally I would like to click a button on slide x and move to slide y changing to kiosk mode on route.

If this is not possible is there a way to open a slideshow at a specific slide. I am currently using the code below. This opens the slideshow, then moves to the selected slide (3). This looks messy though as it shows slide 1 briefly then slide 3. Any ideas on how to open at slide 3 instead without going via slide 1?

Sub Openslideshow()
ActivePresentation.SlideShowSettings.Run.
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide (3)
End Sub

Thanks for your help!

Excel Fox
05-10-2013, 12:37 AM
To open a slideshow at a specific slide, just hide all the previous slides and save it as a PowerPoint Show. Now, although you can still start from slide 1 from within the application (if you have the file open, and not in Kiosk mode), when the 'Show' loads, it will always show the first 'non-hidden' slide.