PDA

View Full Version : Form suddenly disappears

tfurnivall
12-19-2012, 08:30 PM
I have an Access 2010 database with a form containing a tab-control. I've slowly been adding several stand-alone forms as pages on the tab-control. I just added 2 more, and all of a sudden the form does not display in Form mode. It doesn't even get to the Activate event.

I removed the last two pages - the ones that I had just added, but the form is still non-operable.

I've never seen this before and am stumped as to how to proceed. I'm getting ready to dump some basic data (numer & types of controls, etc) but in the meantime has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks,

Tony

tfurnivall
12-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Some additional information.

I can track the form's activity through the Load event, but then it never makes it to the Activate event. (This matches, as far as I can tell) the visual symptoms, where the form is seen to be available, but there is nothing there.

I'm nowhere close to the limit on the number of controls:
Summary report for form CCCBR (CCCBR Master form)
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 49 Text boxes
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 16 Check boxes
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 3 Combo boxes
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 16 Check boxes
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 13 Command Buttons
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 90 Labels
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 1 List boxes
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 9 Pages
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 0 Radio buttons
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 1 Tab controls
CCCBR (CCCBR Master form) has 0 Toggle buttons

The form consistently uses about 288/292 KB of memory when it is 'loaded', and releases most of it when it is closed. So, something is going on!

Tony

Excel Fox
12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Do you think you can share this file without any PII or confidential data?

tfurnivall
12-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the response. Another source discovered that I had somehow, inadvertently set the Visible attribute of the detail area to false. Access was simply doing what it thought I wanted! Now of course I have to re-program myself to avoid such egregious fat-fingering!

Tony