PDA

View Full Version : Adding A Menu Bar To A User Form

Rasm
04-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Can you add a menu three to a userform - like a toolbar?

Admin
04-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi Rasm,

Find this great work from Ivan (http://www.xcelfiles.com/API_Userform_MenuMaker.html)

Rasm
04-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Perfect - he gives a lot of history and older downloads - but if you read it - then you find a great example in MenuMaker_UFrmAPI.xls download. Thanks - this will keep me busy for a while. After the Honey do list - lol

Rasm
04-26-2011, 02:46 AM
The code from Ivan is cool - however it does not support vbmodeless when the userform is loaded. I did send Ivan a mail - unfortunately he never got around to add that feature. I will have to work around that - thanks again - appreciate all the help. My code is progressing nicely.

Admin
04-26-2011, 07:16 AM
May be Jaafar is the man to contact.

excelgeek
04-28-2011, 05:21 PM
If you are using a modeless form, you could simply use the normal commandbars?

Rasm
04-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Excelgeek - I am looking for a menu style drop downs on a userform - as far as I know that is not an option. if that is not true - I would be very interested in knowing how to do that.

royUK
04-29-2011, 04:48 PM
This example adds a drop down menu to a CommandButton

Rasm
04-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Thanks RoyUK - Guess I am going to have to use my commandbar.

royUK
05-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Not sure what you mean, the userform has a commandButton which has a drop down menu when clicked

Rasm
05-04-2011, 04:07 AM
If you look in post #2 & #3 of this thread - Excelfox gives a link to work by Ivan - there is a lot of reading - but in Post #3 I give the name of the file to download - a real cool piece of work by Ivan that shows how to add Menus to a userform - however it does not work in Modal=False or vbmodeless. I actually wrote Ivan and asked him - but he never got around to finish that part. Anyway that is the only good way I have found to have a menu structure on the userform itself (in compiled mode - not design mode). But I need it to work as vbmodeless - I hope ths explains what I am looking for.

Rasm
05-04-2011, 04:11 AM
RoyUK - ahhh just checked your site - nice work - added you 2 favorites.

royUK
05-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the thumbs up on the site, I will be updating it soon.

I read that you wanted the menu to work modelessly & the example that I posted will do that.

Rasm
05-05-2011, 03:28 AM
RoyUK - My appologies - I have several dowloads on this issue - I was looking at wrong one - yes - you are right - I will def check it out - sorry again

Rasm
05-05-2011, 04:05 AM
RoyUK - Perfect - I just added your code to my userform - precisely what I was looking for - :):cool:

You really should upload this under cool code - I have looked quite a long time for something like this - in addition the code is easy to work with. I have to play with this - But I assume I can actually place the Button right on my sheet - hmmm - that may work well for certain operations - this is very cool. Thanks a bunch - I was slow to pick up - good thing you stuvck with it - lol.