PDA

View Full Version : Pivout Table group specific period

Howardc
07-09-2012, 11:26 PM
My company's financial year runs from Oct to Sept each year. I would like to set up a Pivot table to show the total Cost & NBV (New Book Value) per asset type for the 2012 Financial Year (Oct 2011 - Sept 2012)

I have attached sample data.

It would be appreciated if someone can assist me in setting this up explain how to do this

Excel Fox
07-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Howardc,

Are you asking how to create the existing pivot table in the attached workbook? from what I see, that's different from what you've mentioned
set up a Pivot table to show the total Cost & NBV (New Book Value) per asset type for the 2012 Financial Year (Oct 2011 - Sept 2012)

Howardc
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Howardc,

Are you asking how to create the existing pivot table in the attached workbook? from what I see, that's different from what you've mentioned

Hi Excelfox

I want extract into a Pivot table data pertaining to a financial year. I would have to set up a formula in the sheet containing the raw data before creating the Pivot table

Excel Fox
07-10-2012, 08:44 PM
When you say financial year, you mean you want to group years from Oct to Sep? And I suppose you want to use the purchase date to differentiate the time periods.

Admin
07-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi

In K2 and drag down,

=IF(MONTH(G2)>9,"FY "&YEAR(G2)&" - "&YEAR(G2)+1,"FY "&YEAR(G2)-1&" - "&YEAR(G2))

and add this field in the pivot table.

Excel Fox
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I've added a column for Financial year based on months Oct to Sep. Check the pivot if that's what you are looking for.

Howardc
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
When you say financial year, you mean you want to group years from Oct to Sep? And I suppose you want to use the purchase date to differentiate the time periods.

Hi Excelfox

Thanks for the reply. I want to group the yearsd containing the months from Oct to Sep and to use the purchase date to differentiate the time periods

Regards

Howard

Howardc
07-10-2012, 09:53 PM
I've added a column for Financial year based on months Oct to Sep. Check the pivot if that's what you are looking for.

Hi Excelfox

This is exatly what I am loooking for

Regards

Howard