PDA

View Full Version : comparing two list of datas in excel and doing conditional formatting

Safal Shrestha
07-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Hey Guys,
I was just trying to compare two lists of invoices and highlight the unique data in a list from another list. I used the formula in conditional formatting but it is not working as i am trying to do. i used =COUNTIF($C$12:$C$18,E12)=0 formula in conditional formatting to highlight unique datas in one of the list from another list. Can you guys help me out with this. I tried to do using the content in the url below.
http://chandoo.org/wp/2010/06/17/compare-2-lists-in-excel/
Thanks,
Safal

Excel Fox
07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Safal, welcome to ExcelFox

Can you attach a sample workbook, and explain what you are trying to achieve with the above formula. That may give a better perspective to the developer who tries to solve your query.

Safal Shrestha
07-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I just want to give conditional formatting to the unique customers in either lists. i just want to know how the countif is used with the conditional formatting. i want to get the detailed explanation.

Excel Fox
07-10-2012, 09:03 PM
You could select the second range, and go to conditional format, use the Formula section, and put =AND(NOT(ISBLANK($D5)),COUNTIF($B$5:$B$11,$D5)=0). ....

The ISBLANK is just used to ensure that we do not format any blank values unnecessarily. Check attachment.

Ingolf
07-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Hi,

Try this