PDA

View Full Version : Code executing inconsistent

Rasm
02-07-2012, 03:05 AM
The code below has two (3) steps

1) Finds & replaces values on the sheet

2) Refresh the sheet (I added this later after I identified problem)

3) Sorts the sheet

Originally I did not have step 2 - so on some PCs my code works - others it does not - If I insert a code break then it works. So I think the problem is that the replacement routine has not completed b4 I start sorting - So by inserting 'Application.Calculate' I make sure the sheet is refreshed (so I think) - Not sure if this makes sense. If it does --- what is the proper code line to make sure the replacement is completed b4 the sorting starts

Selection.Replace WHAT:=MyString(iii), _
Replacement:=ProductNameSlt(ii), _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

Application.Calculate ' Using This to refresh my sheet _
WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY

Astr = "A1:" & Split(Cells(1, ColLast).Address, "$")(1) & LastRow
.Range(Astr).Sort Key1:=.Columns(ColProductID), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes

I added this later in the post - would this be better

Application.Wait Time + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1) 'Waits 1 second before code continues

Now - this is the third Edit - It turns out that I had my entire code side the same

WITH worksheet("sheet1)

routine - I have now added END WITH and then immediately followed by a WITH worksheet("sheet1) in the next line - that has fixed the problem. I am puzzled by this - anybody ever had a similar experience.

Rasm
02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
OK - I think this is the memory ADO leak problem

see

Windows 8 Developer Preview build contains the complete fix of the ADO typelib issue (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-NZ/windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues/thread/280de88a-77dd-455e-9797-b28928206e38)

Does anybody have method of connection Excel to Access using something different than an ADO libery

Rasm
02-08-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks - was actually on their site earlier today (first time) - I will research that site some more - it looks good

Admin
02-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Hi,

Have you look at ConnectionStrings.com - Forgot that connection string? Get it here! (http://www.connectionstrings.com) ?