PDA

View Full Version : VBA : Insert Pictures With Multiple Select Picture & Consecutive Placing

muhammad susanto
01-26-2022, 12:23 PM
Cross posted
http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=292701#p292701

hi expert..

this macro code below working properly to insert picture from a folder with one by one select picture
i want to modified so macro work with criteria:
1. can insert picture from a folder with multiple select picture and insert to multiple cell at once
2. pictures can inserted automatically consecutive/sequentially placing into target cell (target cell are random) with name of file picture are random --> (main option)
3. if point #2 impossible to do it , to insert automatically consecutive can use name of file picture or based on name pictures like e.g. photo1, photo2,photo3, photo4, or whatever name's file picture etc....> (secondary option)
here code

Sub InsertPicture() Const cBorder As Double = 5 ' << change as required
Dim vPicture As Variant, pic As Shape
vPicture = Application.GetOpenFilename("Pictures (*.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg; *.tif), *.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg; *.tif", , "Select Picture to Import")
If vPicture = False Then Exit Sub
Set pic = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddPicture(Filename:=vPicture, LinkToFile:=False, SaveWithDocument:=True, _
Left:=ActiveCell.MergeArea.Left + cBorder, Top:=ActiveCell.MergeArea.Top + cBorder, Width:=-1, Height:=-1)
With pic
.LockAspectRatio = False ' << change as required
If Not .LockAspectRatio Then
.Width = ActiveCell.MergeArea.Width - (2 * cBorder)
.Height = ActiveCell.MergeArea.Height - (2 * cBorder)
Else
If .Width >= .Height Then
.Width = ActiveCell.MergeArea.Width - (2 * cBorder)
Else
.Height = ActiveCell.MergeArea.Height - (2 * cBorder)
End If
End If
.Placement = xlMoveAndSize
End With
Set pic = Nothing
End Sub

any help, greatly appreciated..
susanto

DocAElstein
01-26-2022, 05:14 PM
Hi
I can’t help you with a full solution because I have no experience inserting pictures. (Maybe someone else may help more later)

But I can show you again how we can loop to repeat something for more than one file in a folder

Example
On my desktop, I have a folder, I did give it a name
Picture Example Folder
, its full path and file name is
C:\Users\Elston\Desktop\Picture Example Folder

https://i.postimg.cc/7b8WngcR/Picture-Example-Folder-on-My-Desktop.jpg

I have two possibilities
_ 1 One by one select picture. I must do this macro two times

' https://excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2781-VBA-Insert-Pictures-With-Multiple-Select-Picture-amp-Consecutive-Placing https://bettersolutions.com/vba/files-directories/application-getopen.htm https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/office/vba/api/excel.application.getopenfilename
Sub DoItTwoTimesForTwoFiles()
Dim vPicture As Variant
' let vPicture = Application.GetOpenFilename("Pictures (*.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg; *.tif), *.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg; *.tif", , "Select Picture to Import")
' Let vPicture = Application.GetOpenFilename(FileFilter:="Pictures (*.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg; *.tif), *.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg; *.tif", FilterIndex:=1, Title:="Select Picture to Import")
Let vPicture = Application.GetOpenFilename(FileFilter:="Pictures gif ,*.gif," & "Pictures jpg ,*.jpg," & "Pictures jpeg ,*.jpeg," & "Pictures tif ,*.tif,", FilterIndex:=2, Title:="Select Picture to Import", MultiSelect:=False)
If vPicture = False Then Exit Sub
MsgBox prompt:="The picture, you did selected it, the full path and file name it is " & vPicture
End Sub

_ 2 I can do this macro just once and it will select all file

Sub DoItLoopy()
Dim Path As String
Let Path = "C:\Users\Elston\Desktop\Picture Example Folder" ' CHANGE TO SUIT
Dim FileName As String
Let FileName = Dir(Path & "\*", vbNormal)
Do While FileName <> ""
Dim FullPathAndFileName As String
Let FullPathAndFileName = Path & "\" & FileName
MsgBox prompt:="The picture, it was selected, the full path and file name it is " & FullPathAndFileName

'
' You can do other things here for each file
'

Let FileName = Dir
Loop
End Sub

Alan

muhammad susanto
01-26-2022, 09:37 PM
hi Alan, thank you but i can't see photos..
i have run with your all code
i have suite path file location but still not working
after running that code, showing

DocAElstein
01-26-2022, 10:21 PM
Hi

after running that code, showingYes, that is what should happen, - That is what my macro does.

Did you understand this?

I can’t help you with a full solution because I have no experience inserting pictures. (Maybe someone else may help more later)
…..But I can show you again how we can loop to repeat something for more than one file in a folder

My macro shows you how to select all files in a folder.
I did not give you a full solution.

My macro will give you all your file path and file name. It loops for every file. That is what you need. Now you put the other coding here:

Sub DoItLoopy()
Dim Path As String
Let Path = "C:\Users\Elston\Desktop\Picture Example Folder" ' CHANGE TO SUIT
Dim FileName As String
Let FileName = Dir(Path & "\*", vbNormal)
Do While FileName <> ""
Dim FullPathAndFileName As String
Let FullPathAndFileName = Path & "\" & FileName
' MsgBox prompt:="The picture, it was selected, the full path and file name it is " & FullPathAndFileName

'
' You can do other things here for each file
' Put other coding here. It can be done on every file

Let FileName = Dir
Loop
End Sub

Alan

muhammad susanto
01-27-2022, 04:29 AM
hi Alan, thank you but i am still confuse how to combine your code into my code
like in post #1, with my code i can't select all pictures from 1 folder to inserted..
second problem, after can select all pictures, the picture should be placement into multiple cell with sequence
the macro is not original from me...i found it and actually i'm newbie about macro.

DocAElstein
01-27-2022, 01:31 PM
Hi

You should not think of it as …. combine Alan code into muhammad code … that wont work. That’s wrong.
Correct is: combine muhammad code into Alan code

__Do While
__Dim FullPathAndFileName As String
__ Let FullPathAndFileName = Path & "" & FileName

___ muhammad code here

__Loop

That is a looping code section. It is done 2 times if you have two files, 3 times if you have three file, 4 times if you have 4 files, 5 times if you have 5 files, 6 times ……….etc.

Each time it is done, my FullPathAndFileName = your vPicture

In my example it would have looped 2 times because I had two files in my folder, Picture Example Folder, ( https://i.postimg.cc/7b8WngcR/Picture-Example-Folder-on-My-Desktop.jpg )

I do not think it is possible to explain this any easier. That is very very simple and most very basic looping programming understanding.

But I cannot tell you exactly what coding to put here, because I do not know how to do coding that involves inserting pictures. I have no experience inserting pictures.
Somebody else will need to help you if you are unable yourself to proceed further.

( For somebody else to help you, it might be easier for them to help you if you explain in more full detail of your requirements and include some sample files )

Alan

P.S.
.. actually i'm newbie about macro. You have been doing macro for at least 9 years already (https://excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/1427-Insert-blank-rows-based-on-cell-value). I have been doing macros for 6 years only. So I am super newbie :)

muhammad susanto
01-31-2022, 03:04 PM
hi expert..
maybe my attachment new file make more clear & easy , now my target photos in cell C16, E16, G16, I16