PDA

View Full Version : Problem with importing database to my powerpivot excel file

Reykjavik
06-04-2020, 04:09 AM
Hi,

I have import many times database to create powerpivot. I have also import many database and connect them. Never been trouble.
Now, I want to add databaset to my powerpivot excel file. I choose powerpivot > manage > then opens Power Pivot for Excel window, everything is normal. I choose than From other source and choose excel, simply as usual. Then opens Table Import Wizard. Everyhing is ok, and I choose browse.
In next window I choose the file I want to import.

Now the problem starts.
A new window opens and I choose right file. I choose, as usual file with xlsx extenstion.
I choose the file (a) and expect to press open button and og back to Table import wizard to finish my process (b). But when I have chosen my file (step a), some process starts automatically (c) and excel starts to show Not responding in a few second (d). Nothing happens after that, excel seems to be totally frozen. (e).
Finally I have to go to task manager and shut excel down.

I have tried many powerpivot files, with same result.
I have tried to import many different database in different powerpivot files, with same result.
I have tried to make a new powerpivot file. No problem with first imported file. But problem with the next one.

I have never been in this situation before.

I am using excel 2016, office 365

sandy666
06-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Load a query to the Excel Data Model (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-a-query-to-an-excel-worksheet-power-query-ca69e0f0-3db1-4493-900c-6279bef08df4?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us)