PDA

View Full Version : Get Data For Specific Date From Across Multiple Sheets

paul_pearson
08-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Each day there will be data entered into each persons data capture sheet.
Would a Code or formula be able to look for Todays date search through the Peoples Data sheets and transfer data for today to the main sheet
A VBA code would maybe be better as all the data for today can be entered first and then a button selected which finds all todays data and transfers to main sheet

Thanks

Paul

Excel Fox
08-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Why do you have to do a VBA when it can be done directly.

paul_pearson
08-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks again ExcelFox

You are obviously very clever with Excel.With the formula you used do you know by experience on what functions to use in the formula or does Excel have a way of helping you select which functions to use in a formula

Thank you again

Paul

Excel Fox
08-09-2013, 06:27 AM
no excel doesn't help you with any suggestions. I think it's more of knowing what different formulas do and using them appropriately.

paul_pearson
08-09-2013, 06:30 AM
I tested the formula with todays date for 9/8/2013 but no data was transferred...I checked the date formats etc..etc..

Have I missed something here?

Paul

Excel Fox
08-09-2013, 07:42 AM
The date you've entered in the individual sheets is 8th September, whereas the date you are looking for in the main sheet is 9th August. Please correct this (Microsoft probably forgot to add a feature in Excel that can read our minds.... but with the growing technology, we can hope to reach there sooner than later ;))

paul_pearson
08-09-2013, 02:05 PM
I tried Format Cell....unless there is another way the cell still reverses days and months

Userform date code is dd/mm/yyyy
Format cell B5:B5 in Tim sheet using Aust region and custom dates dd/mm/yyyy

I actually tried this before posting #5

Paul

Excel Fox
08-09-2013, 03:34 PM
You can write 9 Aug instead of typing 9/8

paul_pearson
08-09-2013, 04:36 PM
I assume you were referring to typing in 9 aug in the userform date..i changed the date format in the code to dd/mmm/yyyy..this worked as far as I can see

Do you seeany issues with this

Thanks

Paul