PDA

View Full Version : Update All Tables With Newly Added Data

redja71
06-17-2013, 08:10 PM
i am using Access 2010 and i have 3 tables, studentinfo, testscores and attendance.

what i would like is for when i enter the student information into the studentinto table that it copies over lastname, firstname, dateenrolled, studentid and grade into the testscores table and lastname, firstname, dateenrolled into the attendance table.

i enter the information in using the datasheet view.

i have read to use the table tab, after the table is open however the options for after events are greyed out and i am not able to use them.

please advise how i would be able to accomplish this task

thank you

Excel Fox
06-18-2013, 07:48 AM
hi Redja71. Can be done. But to provide you with an optimal (or close) solution, please share the trimmed down version of your Access file.

redja71
06-18-2013, 07:52 PM
i have attached a compressed file with the tables that you will need, attendance, studentinfo and testscores.

thank you

redja71
06-24-2013, 08:02 PM
good morning

just wondering if you had come up with a solution to my after insert question.

thank you

Excel Fox
06-24-2013, 08:27 PM
redja71, referential integrity has to be maintained. So using that feature is advised. Having said that, what you've asked for has to be done with the help of VBA.

alansidman
07-16-2013, 07:06 AM
you should be using a form to enter your data and should not be entering data directly into tables. This can be easily accomplished by setting up a relationship between the tables and then creating sub forms to your main input form. This will automatically update all the tables concurrently.